Micronet Distribution 2.0-2.9 Payments Setup
The connector makes available the ability to push payments into the Micronet Distribution system against customer accounts (also called Debtors in Micronet terminology). This document describes the configuration required to allow the payments to be passed from the connector to the Distribution system.
Please make sure you have read through the Get Started/Overview before continuing down this document.
Also make sure you understand the concepts of:
- Connector Adaptors.
- Connector Routines.
- Micronet Adaptor.
- Micronet Distribution system. http://www.micronet.com.au
- Micronet DataConnect application.
For the connector's Micronet Distribution adaptor to have the ability to to import payments into the Micronet system, it relies on utilising Micronet's DataConnect software import the payments and apply it again the relevant records associated with the customer accounts (debtors). The following steps take place to import payments from the Connector into Micronet's Distribution system:
- The Micronet adaptor in the connector checks that the records associated with the payment exist in the Distribution system via using the adaptor's configured ODBC database connection.
- The adaptor uses its the ODBC connection to insert each payment associated with its records into a holding table. Once this has successfully occurred the payment is marked as processed in the Connector.
- A configured DataConnect routine is periodically run that reads the payment records from the holding table, and creates the required payment records against the customer account and general ledger in the Distribution system.
- DataConnect clears the imported payment records from the holding table.
DataConnect needs a routine setup that allows it read the holding table that has the payment records stored, and create the required records within the Distribution system. To setup DataConnect to do this, follow these steps:
- Open up the DataConnect application (Either from a shortcut or menu item that Micronet has configured for your environment).
- In DataConnect enter the user name and password credentials in the login window (this needs to be obtained from Micronet).
- Click on the Maintenance menu.
- Click on the Data.Connect Configuration menu item.
- In the Data.Connect Procedure window in the Description field enter a name for the procedure eg. "Connector Web Payments"
- Click on the Mode drop down and choose the "MSA Online Ordering" option.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on the Save menu item.
The DataConnect procedure has now been setup to import payments received from the adaptor in the Connector.
Restart DataConnect's Windows service, or click the Start Data.Connect menu item if DataConnect is being run in a Window to have DataConnect load the new procedure into its scheduler. Every few minutes DataConnect will run the procedure that you have set up and attempt to import any new payments.
You can have the Data.Connect procedure send Email notifications when importing payments by adding a "Mail Recipient" field to the procedure containing a default value of the email address to send the notifications to.
A number of issues can occur that will stop the payments being imported from the Connector, these are:
- The Micronet Distribution adaptor cannot connect to the Micronet database to check that the records associated with the payment exist. If this occurs test that ODBC database connect configured in the adaptor can successfully make a connection.
- If one or more records associated with a payment cannot be found then the adaptor will not import the payment. Check that the record IDs match up with records in the distribution system.
- If the customer account associated with the payment does not exist in the Distribution system then payment will not import.
- If there are records against the payment in the Connector that are not of the Invoice type then the payment will not import.